Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fun Post!! A great Christmas Story & Meet author...

Please help me welcome my friend, the very talented RITA GARCIA!
She has a wonderful series out --with a new installment coming in Jan. BUT in the meantime I think you'll enjoy this great Christmas story!
Christmas Future buy link.

Thanks for being here this weekend, Rita!!
******

1. What is the most difficult for you to write: Characters, conflict, emotions?
 
Definitely conflict. My natural inclination is to write stories filled with optimism, and where everyone gets along and never a harsh word spoken. But that, of course, would be the makings of an unrealistic and extremely boring novel. Although, along with my Pollyannaish penchant, I also find a little mischievous pleasure in knowing where my characters go, trouble follows. 

2. Classic Novel you would like to see turned into a movie?

While not classics, I would love to see Lauraine Snelling’s novels, set in the fictional town of Blessing, come alive on the big screen. And I also immensely enjoyed Jan Karon’s Mitford series; her quirky and unusual characters would definitely make an entertaining movie script.

3. If you could time travel would you go forward or backward?
 
I really had fun writing my Christmas novella, which is set in the future. I loved imagining the progress of technology and how it might change our way of life. And the possibility of off-planet travel was beyond intriguing. But with all the changes and progress, I found it heartwarming that some things, like young love, remained the same. Finding Prince Charming still startles the pulse and ignites daydreams.

4. What is your favorite dessert/food?
 
God says he will never give us more than we can handle. Sometimes I wonder about this sweet tooth of mine. Cake, cookies, pie or chocolate—I love them all. Ah, but my favorite dessert is a luscious crème brûlée. Perhaps it’s a favorite because my husband and I are usually on vacation when we indulge in this particular delight.
 
5. Heels or Flats ?

Like most women I have my share of shoes: tennis shoes, strappy sandals, heels and a collection of boots. I must confess, however, I don’t have what some might call a shoe fetish. It’s quite the opposite: my preferred footwear is none. Barefootin’ it is sheer bliss. I love the feel of the soft carpet indoors or the cool green grass outside, but nothing compares with sitting on the beach and pushing my bare toes into warm grains of sand.
6. Tropical or European vacation? 
Blame it on the fact I grew up surfing and frolicking in the ocean—I love the beach. The ocean is one of the many reasons I adore living in Southern California. And Maui with its wonderful beaches is my favorite vacation spot. I’m thinking I need to be in Maui, barefoot on the beach eating a fabulous crème brûlée. **sigh**

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, thanks so much for graciously hosting me on your blog. May you and your readers/followers be especially blessed this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete