Thursday, May 17, 2012

Friday Fun: Meet Author Kristine Cayne!


Please help me welcome the talented KRISTINECAYNE! She's brought her newest Romantic Suspense, DEADLY ADDICTION, the 2nd book in the Deadly Vices Series!

You can see all of Kristine's great books HERE
But grab a cup of coffee and come on back to learn more about her and her work-in-progress ;)

Thanks for being her today, Christine!


 Do you have critique partners?
Dana Delamar (danadelamar.com) is my wonderful, amazing critique partner. We meet twice a week to go over new work and edit previous work. We’ve helped each other through our publication journeys. Dana is not only a fabulous writer, she’s also a terrific editor, which is a great thing to have in a critique partner, since she can tell me where all the &^%#ing commas go.
 If you could time travel would you go forward or backward?
Since I can read about the past, I think I’d travel to the future. Think of how much technology has evolved in the past 100 years. Can you imagine what the world will be like even 100 years in the future? I can try, but I’m certain my imagination doesn’t even come close to reality. It would be a life-changing event for sure.
 If you could switch places with one of your characters would you?
Switching places with one of my heroines would mean I’d get to be with one of my heroes for a while. What a great idea! J I can’t pick which of my heroes I prefer, because they are both terrific men in their own ways, and I’m sure I’d get along with either one. But which of my heroines would I rather most be? Personality and lifestyle-wise, I’m most like Lauren James, the heroine of Deadly Obsession. But if I traded spots with her, I’d have to deal with the dreaded stalker. On the other hand, I’m not sure I could or would want to be Alyssa, the heroine of Deadly Addiction. She’s had some incredibly difficult and dangerous experiences that I know I couldn’t live through. I’m just not that tough or kickass. Okay, decision made. I’d switch places with Lauren, get rid of the stalker, then enjoy being the girlfriend/wife of a world famous sexy movie star for a while. Rowr!
Tell us a little about your WIP.
My current work in progress is Deadly Betrayal, the third book in my Deadly Vices series. The hero is Kaden Christiansen, who was first introduced in Deadly Obsession as Nic’s bodyguard. 
Here’s a short blurb:
AZITA SERAJ, Dari doctor and women’s rights activist in Afghanistan, is horrified to learn that her late husband’s brother, Khalid Mullazai, is giving his twelve year old sister to a Taliban tribal leader in exchange for debts owed. Desperate to save the girl, she reaches out to the only hope she has: an American soldier she treated several years earlier for a gunshot wound. A wound he received in an ambush she’d been deceived into initiating. Can she enlist his aid and still keep secret her betrayal?
KADEN CHRISTIANSEN never forgot the beautiful Afghani doctor who saved his life, and when he receives her cry for help, he doesn’t hesitate. The opportunity to see Azita again and to discover the source of the ambush that caused the death of one of his men is one he relishes.
Hunted by Mullazai and Taliban fighters as they travel across the country disguised and posing as a married couple, Kaden and Azita begin to fall for their own act and for each other. But Kaden senses that Azita is holding back. Is the reason their cultural differences or something darker?
***
Sound good? I’m looking forward to learning more about the Afghani people, culture, and politics.
Favorite actor/actress/both?
Right now, I have two favorite actors – Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth. I’m more than a little ashamed to admit that this is mostly due to looks and charm. However, I do think that both actors will continue to grow and have tremendous acting careers. On a side note, they are both the inspiration for characters in my series. Coincidence? ;-)
As for my favorite actress, I’ve enjoyed every Katherine Heigl movie I’ve seen, well, except for One for the Money. Ugh. Casting error anyone?
Do you believe in love at first sight or just lust at first sight?
I definitely believe in lust at first sight. I’m sure everyone has experienced that electric feeling, the tightening of your tummy upon seeing that special person. Some people believe it’s pheromone based, and that’s certainly possible, but we’ve seen this (or experienced it) over and over with television, movie, and music stars. People fall in lust with people they’ve never met.
I don’t think you can fall in love with someone until you get to know them at least a little. There has to be something in their manner, their personality, that draws you to them and elicits feelings of kindness and caring.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Jennifer! I had a lot of fun with the interview :)

    ReplyDelete