Thursday, March 24, 2011

Free For All Friday - Meet Author Rachel Leigh!

How do you spell HOT? Today we're spelling it RACHEL LEIGH!
Don't you love this cover? And it delivers on the promise. The story inside is great!

You can learn more about Rachel at her website http://rachelleigh.co.uk/index.html
But be sure to come back and get to know Rachel a little better:)

Hi Rachel, thanks for being here today!

Thanks for having me.

What is the most difficult for you to write? Characters, conflict, emotion?

Conflict definitely! It is the vital ingredient to a successful story but keeping that momentum going so that you create the page turning quality every writer wants is serious hard work. In order to find the conflict that will sustain a novella length story I tend to start with the characters and complete a worksheet for the hero and heroine. Usually that throws up some internal issues they are dealing and I take it from there!

If you could time travel, would you go forward or back?

Back definitely – I am a Tudor enthusiast as well as being fascinated by anything to do with the Victorian era. They were both fascinating times in English history and I love reading Tudor and Victorian fiction & non-fiction, watching TV dramas and documentaries. I would love to go back and see what things were like.

Do you listen to a playlist when you’re writing? Prefer silence?

Silence all the way. I know lots of writers who listen to rock or classical music while writing but I find it a real distraction. I need absolute quiet to create anything of quality…and even then I doubt every word, LOL!

What was the best advice you were given leading to getting published?

To write! So many aspiring writers don’t actually sit their butt in the chair and write – and write and write. It takes a lot of commitment and a lot of hours to become a published writer. And the more you do it, the more you learn and the better you get. Writing is a craft and needs to be learned and practiced. No excuses.

What is your favorite dessert/food?

Dessert – Strawberry Cheesecake or the jam donuts that our local bakery makes, yum!

Food – Egg fried rice & chicken satay from my friend’s Chinese. I could eat and eat and eat so much of it , it’s ridiculous!
***
Here's a BLURB for EXPLICITLY ENGLISH: 

Laura Markham needs to forget - just for awhile.  Be someone else for change - live as her parents will never have the chance to.  And for Laura, that means leaving the City for the English countryside and doing just what the hell she feels like…wherever she feels like doing it…
          
British stockbroker, Stephen Cambridge knows by going home to his country retreat two days early, he's likely to surprise his contracted interior designer.  And when he finds out she's the woman who performed the solo masterbation show for him on the inward bound journey, Stephen will do anything to further convince her to miss the outward bound train and stay with him forever…  

6 comments:

  1. I have to read this book! That is, when I finally find the time to read. ;)

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on the release Rachel! Definitely in my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Explicitly...hot cover.
    Looks like a great read.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover and it sounds like a great story!
    WTG Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very steamy cover, Rachel, but it sounds like it's tame compared to the story :)

    Good luck with the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here!!!!!

    Confession: Completely forgot I was appearing on the lovely Jennifer's blog yesterday! So embarrassed! That is not like me at all, somehow or other I forgot to log the date in my diary.

    Anyway, glad to be here and so grateful for all you lovely ladies stopping by. LOL! Love the comments about the cover - my editor Angela Anderson, also designed the cover and she got it spot on. It's beautiful, sexy and classy all at the same time. I love it!

    R x

    ReplyDelete